Read Write Inc
‘Reading changes everything…and I mean everything’
At Whitecotes Primary Academy, we are passionate about developing a love of reading and writing.
Our pupils learn to read and write effectively and quickly using the Read Write Inc. Phonics programme. The core purpose of the programme is to teach every child to read – and to keep them reading. We know that this changes everything; readers are exposed to new words, new worlds and new ideas. They have access to rich vocabulary and enhance their knowledge every day.
Read Write Inc. Phonics is delivered to:
- pupils in EYFS to Year 2 who are learning to read and write
- any pupils in Years 2, 3 and 4 who need to catch up rapidly
Through the Read Write Inc. Phonics programme, children are taught to:
- decode letter-sound correspondences quickly and effortlessly, using their phonic knowledge and skills
- read ‘tricky’ words on sight
- understand what they have read
- confidently read aloud with fluency and expression
- write confidently, with a strong focus on vocabulary and grammar
- spell quickly and easily by segmenting the sounds in words
Read Write Inc. Spelling gets every child spelling effortlessly. It is a stand-alone programme for children in Years 2 to Years 6 and has been specially created to meet the demands of the new national curriculum.
Useful links for parents:
Access the Oxford Owl online e-library at: